Hewlett Packard is planning to embrace touchscreen devices more ferociously and is thought to be on the verge of launching both a touchscreen laptop and a series of touchscreen phones. A spokeswoman for the PC giant confirmed to the Wall Street Journal that it’s “building a whole family of touch devices”. Although the …
I wonder if linux will support the hardware? That would be awesome with Compiz/Emerald!!!
Worst idea ever since...
... Abraham Lincoln said: " I'm sick of kicking around the house all day, let's go take in a show."
Who in Satan's glorious name would want to hold out their arm in front of them for hours and smear grease all over that beautiful, glassy screen? The beauty of the mouse is that I can sit back and control everything with barely a twitch of my hand. Even leaning forward to type something is a major arsepain. I bet they did no user trials for this whatsoever - and I mean proper ones, lasting at least a month, not those fake Microsoft "I can't believe it's Vista" interviews.
Mind you, I think touch screen phones are cack of the runniest kind too - my typing speed on them is about a tenth of what it is on a button keyboard.
Didn't they figure out the last four or five times that touch screens on the desktop are worse than pointless (single-tasking kiosks aside)?
The more we forget history, the more ...
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth