Asus' iMac-alike all-in-one touchscreen-equipped desktop Eee PC is due to arrive in the UK toward the end of November, local retail sites reckon. The new desktop, which comes under the ungainly model number ETP1602-WT-X0010, is Asus' biggest screen Eee PC yet: it's got a 16:10-ratio, 15.6in touch-sensitive panel, though at this …
What an odd combination- desktop and touchscreen. Not the combination I'd have expected.
Wot no DVD drive? No excuse.
Put it into a wall/desk
for that added Star Trek feel.
Also, Windows XP? Isn't that the tabbed Linux UI?
Paris, cos this model doesn't have one
Re: Put it into a wall/desk
<quote>Also, Windows XP? Isn't that the tabbed Linux UI?</quote>
Dual boot, or possibly ExpressGate* (SplashTop)?
* a stripped-down Linux environment stored in Flash ROM [which] allows users who are in a hurry to bypass Windows, loading the Firefox web browser, Adobe Flash, Skype, and a photo viewer "within a few seconds." [source: http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS8260993261.html]
...though on closer inspection
the machine shown appears to have the Asus Easy Mode program running in a Keramik [KDE themed] window, so there are numerous possibilities (beyond my previous suggestions) as to what's going on.
There is an interesting "Eee Top hands on" video here,
including Asus' Easy Mode for Windows and a rumour MicroSoft are to provide an equivalent of their own by the end of the year (there are alternatives "in the wild" too).
These are interesting times.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!