IBM is going to introduce a cheaper and less powerful SAN Volume Controller (SVC) for small/medium business (SMB) customers. The SVC sits in a Fibre Channel storage area network (SAN) fabric and combines all the drive arrays attached to that fabric into a single virtual pool of storage. It can also thin provision that storage so …
Still just a 1U Xeon server then?
Frankly, if you had an XP24000, you'd be interested in a lot more punch, and you'd probably go the XP External Storage route and let the XP manage the other arrays.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Experimental hypersonic SUPERMISSILE destroyed 4 SECONDS after US launched it