Google is holding secret negotiations with the US Department of Justice to head off a full investigation into its ad-sharing deal with Yahoo!. Big advertisers are worried the tie-up between the internet's two largest advertisers will mean higher prices and a restricted market, because there will be less competition. Execs from …
slightly off topic.
"For its part, Microsoft immediately complained to regulators about the tie-up."
Pot meet kettle.
Have M$ complied with their court rulings in EU and US from 2004/5? They are still dragging their heels and were fined extra in February and appealed again if I remember correctly.
I use Yahoo! every day but never for search. They have a great Mail & News service & Flickr is very good but search, I gave up on Yahoo! search when Alta-Vista & the Dogpile turned up & they died ages ago.
The hell you say!
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe