Google is holding secret negotiations with the US Department of Justice to head off a full investigation into its ad-sharing deal with Yahoo!. Big advertisers are worried the tie-up between the internet's two largest advertisers will mean higher prices and a restricted market, because there will be less competition. Execs from …
slightly off topic.
"For its part, Microsoft immediately complained to regulators about the tie-up."
Pot meet kettle.
Have M$ complied with their court rulings in EU and US from 2004/5? They are still dragging their heels and were fined extra in February and appealed again if I remember correctly.
I use Yahoo! every day but never for search. They have a great Mail & News service & Flickr is very good but search, I gave up on Yahoo! search when Alta-Vista & the Dogpile turned up & they died ages ago.
The hell you say!
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked