Google is holding secret negotiations with the US Department of Justice to head off a full investigation into its ad-sharing deal with Yahoo!. Big advertisers are worried the tie-up between the internet's two largest advertisers will mean higher prices and a restricted market, because there will be less competition. Execs from …
slightly off topic.
"For its part, Microsoft immediately complained to regulators about the tie-up."
Pot meet kettle.
Have M$ complied with their court rulings in EU and US from 2004/5? They are still dragging their heels and were fined extra in February and appealed again if I remember correctly.
I use Yahoo! every day but never for search. They have a great Mail & News service & Flickr is very good but search, I gave up on Yahoo! search when Alta-Vista & the Dogpile turned up & they died ages ago.
The hell you say!
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' Ello: There's a reason we're in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Third patch brings more admin Shellshock for the battered and Bashed