Google is holding secret negotiations with the US Department of Justice to head off a full investigation into its ad-sharing deal with Yahoo!. Big advertisers are worried the tie-up between the internet's two largest advertisers will mean higher prices and a restricted market, because there will be less competition. Execs from …
slightly off topic.
"For its part, Microsoft immediately complained to regulators about the tie-up."
Pot meet kettle.
Have M$ complied with their court rulings in EU and US from 2004/5? They are still dragging their heels and were fined extra in February and appealed again if I remember correctly.
I use Yahoo! every day but never for search. They have a great Mail & News service & Flickr is very good but search, I gave up on Yahoo! search when Alta-Vista & the Dogpile turned up & they died ages ago.
The hell you say!
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes