Google is holding secret negotiations with the US Department of Justice to head off a full investigation into its ad-sharing deal with Yahoo!. Big advertisers are worried the tie-up between the internet's two largest advertisers will mean higher prices and a restricted market, because there will be less competition. Execs from …
slightly off topic.
"For its part, Microsoft immediately complained to regulators about the tie-up."
Pot meet kettle.
Have M$ complied with their court rulings in EU and US from 2004/5? They are still dragging their heels and were fined extra in February and appealed again if I remember correctly.
I use Yahoo! every day but never for search. They have a great Mail & News service & Flickr is very good but search, I gave up on Yahoo! search when Alta-Vista & the Dogpile turned up & they died ages ago.
The hell you say!
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence