back to article YouTube offers full-length shows

YouTube is now offering full-length television shows (legally) as part of an agreement with the US broadcast giant CBS. The internet video site will first host somewhat dated content for US viewers such as select episodes of Beverly Hills 90210, the original series of Star Trek, MacGyver, as well as some fare from this current …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. filey
    Thumb Down

Offers full-length shows?

Maybe it does, but whats the point for us UK users

any ep of any show from CBS's youtube channel is greeted with:

This video is not available in your country.

boo! no wonder people prefer torrents....

2. Austin Modine (Written by Reg staff)

@filey

If UK users were allowed to watch MacGyver, they'd learn to get around YouTube's region lock with a half book of matches and a bit of string. It's a slippery slope my friend.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well ...

... I .... for one .... am ... not going to ..... lose ... sleep over this or .... any other restriction of .... distribution when ... the shows .... are limited to ..... Star Trek and .... MacGyver.

Kirk out.

4. Seán

Hooray for piratebay

Piratebay and demonoid will save us all

5. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

MacGyver

would teach that to get free tv all you need is a pocket knife, some gum and a bittorrent client!

6. Mectron

Why?

Does the enteteiment undustry do all it to encourage PIRACY!

There is ON MARKET: EARTH

7. Craig

You forgot...

There are channels on sattelite/cable here that are still rerunning that last I checked, unless they're only just running it I'm a little young to tell at 24 :P

Nice try though.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Proxy anyone?

Privoxy on a US hosted server?

:)

9. David Stever
    Black Helicopters

Star Trek - on CBS?

How is it that an NBC show ends up on CBS' web site?

Black Helis because it sounds like a conspiracy.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Getting round the US-only blockage.

The South Park website has a similar restriction on only allowing US downloaders.

In honour of the recent Anonymous hack of Sarah Palin, I have therefore taken to using ctunnel.com's fine service to access it, since I don't give a stuff if anyone traces me back, but it sure does exit in the US!

Yarrrrr!

11. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Stoopid advertisers

If I want to watch those shows in the UK (which I don't) I'd just download them from torrents and feel guilt free. Sure, they won't have any adverts in, but given the fact that I'm tight enough to download torrents in the first place, it won't make much difference to their overall sales figures. Wait...I think I put some circular logic in there somewhere.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like