We thought Asus' Eee family was all about making computing easy for the non-technical, but Asus apparently no longer does, if claims it's preparing a line of Eee-branded motherboards are to be believed. So far as we can see, Asus itself hasn't made any comment on the claim, spoken by unnamed industry sources and relayed by …
Do Asus know what an EEE PC is? It seems the executives have seen a nice health sales figure next to the EEE brand, and have decided to slap it on everything. Everything that is except for what drove sales of the original EEE 701; small, cheap and with Linux. They seem to heading ever further away from that concept.
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone