An Oz radio news outfit last Sunday failed to broadcast its 4pm bulletin because the female newsreader was glued to Facebook, The Australian reports. 3AW listeners were alerted to the impending six-minute newscast by its theme music, but nothing more than ads followed. An insider recounted that "a producer raced to the newsroom …
reaserch on facebook?
WTF (newsworthy) could you POSSIBLY research on facebook, FFS?
Facebook for research, that's a tad far fetched isn't it? Next they'll be using wikipedia for people's obituaries.
Have you never read the free London papers? They seem to do all their research on Facebook and MySpace.
... the newsreader still has a job because ...? In my book, that's a sacking offence. Even Paris gets that.
Surely Facebook IS a computer problem?
@AC - SO ...
Paris - sacking offence - ha ha, I get it.
How did she NOT get fired?! I used to be a radio station techie and I almost lost my job for not fixing a mixer in the time for the drivetime show, even though it was some dozy presenter who knocked coffee over it.
The talent get away with everything, I tells ya!
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous fat pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst