An Oz radio news outfit last Sunday failed to broadcast its 4pm bulletin because the female newsreader was glued to Facebook, The Australian reports. 3AW listeners were alerted to the impending six-minute newscast by its theme music, but nothing more than ads followed. An insider recounted that "a producer raced to the newsroom …
reaserch on facebook?
WTF (newsworthy) could you POSSIBLY research on facebook, FFS?
Facebook for research, that's a tad far fetched isn't it? Next they'll be using wikipedia for people's obituaries.
Have you never read the free London papers? They seem to do all their research on Facebook and MySpace.
... the newsreader still has a job because ...? In my book, that's a sacking offence. Even Paris gets that.
Surely Facebook IS a computer problem?
@AC - SO ...
Paris - sacking offence - ha ha, I get it.
How did she NOT get fired?! I used to be a radio station techie and I almost lost my job for not fixing a mixer in the time for the drivetime show, even though it was some dozy presenter who knocked coffee over it.
The talent get away with everything, I tells ya!
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes