In a shameless effort to show that someone in the financial services industry is still investing in technology - and relatively exotic new blade server technology at that - IBM has announced that brokerage house Merrill Lynch, soon to be part of the Bank of America behemoth after running into BoA's welcoming arms in mid- …
It is difficult not to conclude, with Global Financial Melt Down, that Lead Programming/Intellectual Property is Unfit for Future Purpose, for obviously Hardware and Wealth are available in Spades.
Where are the New Faces/Fresh Blood/Alternative Thinkers/Novel Ideas? Why are we even listening to the same old Has Beens hanging on to their shattered dreams as they sink beneath the waves?
Hadoop created by Google?
Map-Reduce was maybe created by Google but Hadoop was created by Yahoo bods copying Googles proprietary Map-Red C++ app and distributed filesystem into Java. So I suppose it was indirectly created by Google ;-)
BTW the cloud computing centres have more than just Hadoop deployed in them - the idea is many apps can be auto-provisioned in the 'cloud'
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series