Whether you use a Mac or a PC, be prepared to install a bumper crop of security patches on your machine in the near future. On Thursday, both Apple and Microsoft warned of critical vulnerabilities in their flagship software products that could allow attackers to take control of users' machines. Updates fixing more than 40 flaws …
... another patch Tuesday. Sounds scary but it'll pass as every other.
Scary will be Exploit Wednesday ;)
Red assed monkeys
I like my idea of sandbox computing, where non-operating system applications and code are run in a sandbox (virtual OS), such that vulnerabilities cannot affect the kernel. The days of allowing programs complete & exclusive access to hardware (or filesystems) must surely be threatened, given that when I do, I spend half my life worrying about being riddled by malcode.
Anyway, there is no such thing as real user loyalty in computing. The OS that delivers the best, most secure exzperience will get my business. Mac(donalds) and Windose are both mass market rubbish. The sooner I can have my computer write it's own operating system the better.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS