Feeds

back to article BT outsources international network ops

BT will outsource 500 staff from its Design and Operate units to Alcatel-Lucent in a seven-year global deal. Staff were told on Monday that the contract is in the planning stages. Most of the jobs to be transferred are overseas, related to the networks picked up by BT Global Service in its acquisition spree. BT sent this …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Flame

Gotta love those revolving doors

Ben Verwayeen (?spelling) goes from top man at BT to nice cushy job at Alcatel.

BT Retail CTO Stratis Scleparis (in charge at the time of the phirst denied Phorm trial) gets a nice cushy job as CTO at Phorm.

First against the wall when the revolution comes (after the lawyers and accountants and headhunters-turned-journalists).

Anonymous Coward

no

NuGov politicos are first along with lawyers and the filth that support banning freedom of expression. Then we can move onto the others.

Foist against the wall

Beats me that outsourcing should be allowed. So now the French own all our nuclear plants and ex GPO facilities?

The USA P0WNed our banks and now some commie regime in Russia or China is about to pounce on them. What's left for the hi tech banditos to screw us out of?

Let's see... helicopters and guns that don't work. -Well at least that's better than the once cutting edge British submarine industry with its one way submersibles.

I'd like all company directors who ship even the most menial work abroad shot. Then all the company directors with no excuse for failing companies shot so they get the right idea.

Then the occasional company director shot once in a while, just to keep them occupied at work instead of pissing it away or golfing off early.

Bronze badge

its just another method

of BT avoiding being tagged a monopoly

Anonymous Coward

what no Nortel?

I'm a little bit suprised at this as BT seem to be pushing Nortel equipment mainly now....

Stop

Not waht it seems

Nice to see the usual ill informed rants.

From what I've heard it is LEGACY networks that will be outsourced. That is PDH, and maybe SDH. The various IP networks will continue to be managed by BT.

Anon, cos the e-mail ends bt.com......

Bronze badge

rants

need a BT line for all other telecoms isnt a dumb down meaning for the $+0o91d, landline that isnt fiber and cable fiber. it really means you need a BT line

get cut off cos you dont pay your bill. you have to move to a cable area, if you dont. you`ll soon get aload of junk mail from BT telling you to come back to them. when they wont give you back a phone

so bless when 5g arrives, only need a landline for dvd downloads

This topic is closed for new posts.