Surveillance programs that try to identify terrorists by trawling the internet and electronic databases for tell-tale signs are of limited success and should be carefully evaluated for privacy concerns, a group of technologists and policy makers that advises the US government said. A 352-page report issued Tuesday by the …
On the bright side...
...at least we don't get thrown in the slammer for writing naughty short stories.
Total Information Awareness
Of course, the acronym is TIA. aka (in medicine) as a "mini stroke". Which does a pretty good job of defining what's happening here. Not a total disaster, but some debilitated thinking.
Wargames: The Dead Code
everyone should read cory doctrow's 'Little Brother'
read it. and you can either buy a printed copy or download it for free *off the author's website*
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...
- Vid Mysterious BEAM outside London Googleplex ZAPPED