Surveillance programs that try to identify terrorists by trawling the internet and electronic databases for tell-tale signs are of limited success and should be carefully evaluated for privacy concerns, a group of technologists and policy makers that advises the US government said. A 352-page report issued Tuesday by the …
On the bright side...
...at least we don't get thrown in the slammer for writing naughty short stories.
Total Information Awareness
Of course, the acronym is TIA. aka (in medicine) as a "mini stroke". Which does a pretty good job of defining what's happening here. Not a total disaster, but some debilitated thinking.
Wargames: The Dead Code
everyone should read cory doctrow's 'Little Brother'
read it. and you can either buy a printed copy or download it for free *off the author's website*
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA