Smart has shown off the latest version of its 'leccy ForTwo - dubbed the ED, for 'electric drive' - at the Paris Motor Show. Smart ForTwo ED Smart's ForTwo ED: li-ion version Berlin bound The new FourTwo ED packs the flavour-of-the-month battery technology, lithium-ion, though Smart didn't detail what a difference it makes …
That thing looks remarkably like those little penny racers cars from when I was a little kid. Wonder if it can do a wheelie if enough weight is hooked on the rear bumper :)
Good on them for getting it out there. I'm personally not keen on battery driven electric cars, but I live in a rural area in Australia, so distances and speeds make me think that way.
For a city dweller this is fantastic. Especially as a second runabout car.
And Kevin, this is the same car as the petrol ForTwo that's been around for a few years now. Just now there's a battery driven electric one. They are small, but they are designed for 2 people (thus the name) so there's actually a fair bit of room in them.
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Review Pixel mania: Apple 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory