Smart has shown off the latest version of its 'leccy ForTwo - dubbed the ED, for 'electric drive' - at the Paris Motor Show. Smart ForTwo ED Smart's ForTwo ED: li-ion version Berlin bound The new FourTwo ED packs the flavour-of-the-month battery technology, lithium-ion, though Smart didn't detail what a difference it makes …
That thing looks remarkably like those little penny racers cars from when I was a little kid. Wonder if it can do a wheelie if enough weight is hooked on the rear bumper :)
Good on them for getting it out there. I'm personally not keen on battery driven electric cars, but I live in a rural area in Australia, so distances and speeds make me think that way.
For a city dweller this is fantastic. Especially as a second runabout car.
And Kevin, this is the same car as the petrol ForTwo that's been around for a few years now. Just now there's a battery driven electric one. They are small, but they are designed for 2 people (thus the name) so there's actually a fair bit of room in them.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait