The former CEO of a Silicon Valley chip company has been charged with insider trading by the US Securities and Exchange Commission today, for allegedly buying company stock in the midst of confidential merger negotations with STMicroelectronics. Elias Antoun, former chief of Genesis Microchip, alongside his childhood friend …
Shouldn't the damages...
...be punitive ?
After all, they knew exactly what they were doing, it was premeditated shareholder fraud.
What about the paying the prosecution costs too ?
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip