A revised version of an important security standard for ecommerce merchants was published on Wednesday. Version 1.2 of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) mostly tweaks and clarifies the existing framework for the secure processing of credit card data. The 12 existing requirements - covering areas such as …
"Security is more than simple compliance to guidelines. Just because you are compliant doesn't mean you are secure"
If complying with guidelines doesn't achieve (an appropriate level of) security, then you're using the wrong guidelines. Simple as ...
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs