IBM, EMC, Microsoft and others have been blasted by the father of Representational State Transfer (REST) for making "misleading" and "idiotic" claims about a proposed specification for applications to talk to different vendors' content management systems (CMS). Picking on last month's over-hyped Content Management …
Yeah, but it's not going to happen
"It [CMIS] should be "renamed WS-DMS and tossed on the same pile of other specs from that genre"
Indeed, indeed. Only it's not gonna happen. Marketting droids will keep going, until they actually reverse the situation to the point where REST will be actually thought-by the idiotic middle management types- to be some satellite of CMIS, and finally forgotten. That's how they usually do.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Experimental hypersonic SUPERMISSILE destroyed 4 SECONDS after US launched it
- Will It Blend? Maybe. BlackBerry’s secret comeback weapon