IBM, EMC, Microsoft and others have been blasted by the father of Representational State Transfer (REST) for making "misleading" and "idiotic" claims about a proposed specification for applications to talk to different vendors' content management systems (CMS). Picking on last month's over-hyped Content Management …
Yeah, but it's not going to happen
"It [CMIS] should be "renamed WS-DMS and tossed on the same pile of other specs from that genre"
Indeed, indeed. Only it's not gonna happen. Marketting droids will keep going, until they actually reverse the situation to the point where REST will be actually thought-by the idiotic middle management types- to be some satellite of CMIS, and finally forgotten. That's how they usually do.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!