IBM, EMC, Microsoft and others have been blasted by the father of Representational State Transfer (REST) for making "misleading" and "idiotic" claims about a proposed specification for applications to talk to different vendors' content management systems (CMS). Picking on last month's over-hyped Content Management …
Yeah, but it's not going to happen
"It [CMIS] should be "renamed WS-DMS and tossed on the same pile of other specs from that genre"
Indeed, indeed. Only it's not gonna happen. Marketting droids will keep going, until they actually reverse the situation to the point where REST will be actually thought-by the idiotic middle management types- to be some satellite of CMIS, and finally forgotten. That's how they usually do.
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad