IBM, EMC, Microsoft and others have been blasted by the father of Representational State Transfer (REST) for making "misleading" and "idiotic" claims about a proposed specification for applications to talk to different vendors' content management systems (CMS). Picking on last month's over-hyped Content Management …
Yeah, but it's not going to happen
"It [CMIS] should be "renamed WS-DMS and tossed on the same pile of other specs from that genre"
Indeed, indeed. Only it's not gonna happen. Marketting droids will keep going, until they actually reverse the situation to the point where REST will be actually thought-by the idiotic middle management types- to be some satellite of CMIS, and finally forgotten. That's how they usually do.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait