A bill that would see the White House take more involvement and control in leading US cybersecurity efforts has been tabled before Congress. The move follows recent criticism of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The latest DHS authorization bill (PDF) turns the director of National Cyber Security Center (NCSC) into a …
We can put W in charge (maybe he can use "The Google" to find a candidate) or McCain (he can find one after he gets done tying an onion to his belt). Why not, instead, pick someone who's not completely incompetent to run the DHS or, even better, disband it entirely?
Remember 2004 when Bush started barring foreign IP addresses from his website to prevent 'cyberattacks'
Is it election time again?
It's got a captain in adult nappies with a crayon-scrawled "letter of marquis" clutched in his hand!
Rudderless is the only way THAT ship won't sail straight--now if we can just get rid of his sails and masts...
can't we get rid of these idiots?
someone please arrest Chertoff and his boss and throw away the key. the last thing we need is more power grab by any current or future idiot in the white house.
So what was it before?
A Congressional appointment? It wasn't an elected post, I suspect. So how does making it a Presidential appointment improve anything, except by making the Administration's job easier if it wants to stage a coup, be it ever so subtle?
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids