>Anyone who has had questions or qualms about it had 45 days to respond and didn't...In fact >they still haven't responded.
The only people who would have had an interest in responding to this were EMC and "Just to set the record straight, only SPC members can challenge SPC results. EMC is not a member of the SPC."
The point here is that there are so many veiled pre conditions attached to this offer, that the 50% guarantee headline is extremely misleading.
* New FAS systems must be purchased for primary storage only. V-Series, S line, and VTL are excluded.
* The program is not applicable to N series from IBM.
* Can be using any one or more of the following protocols: FC, iSCSI, and NFS.
* Must be running Data ONTAP® 7.3 or later. Data ONTAP 10 is excluded.
* Capacity on the system supporting the virtual environment must be at least 14 drives.
* Must agree to have the following features enabled:
o Thin provisioning without LUN reservation
o NetApp SnapshotTM
* Must follow the NetApp best practices described in the following technical reports:
o TR 3428: NetApp and VMware VI3 Storage Best Practices
o TR 3505: Deduplication Implementation and Best Practices
o Whitepaper: 50% Virtualization Guarantee Program Technical Guide
* The following services are required to help with the implementation. Must purchase a minimum level of Professional Services deployment and implementation services as follows:
o NetApp Installation and Deployment
o NetApp VMware Implementation Service
* No more than 10% of the following data types under the Program: images and graphics, XML, database data, exchange data, and encrypted data. This also means that large database exchange deployments are excluded from this Program. These data types are deduplicated at a lower rate.
* Must have at least 10 similar virtual machines per flexible volume, so that deduplication can work properly to realize the capacity savings.
* Excludes workloads with high performance requirements that require spindles; to be determined by SE/PS during sizing.