back to article Circuit City feels yet more pain in Q2

Circuit City yesterday admitted that its second quarter performance simply wasn’t good enough as it clocked up another quarterly loss. The struggling US consumer electronics retailer, which last week saw CEO Philip J. Schoonover quit following a year of dire financial results, reported a significant sales slowdown and more …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. thomas k.

my bad

Oops, guess I shouldn't have returned that Zune. My bad, sorry.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Pain unto death!

What a pity. Here's hoping that they board up the place(s) and take their thieving merchandising practices with them. The brilliant management fired all the workers that had a least part of a clue about technical matters and replaced them with "workers" who all stand in a huddle and refuse to serve customers.

Good riddance!

3. Henry
    Stop

Here's an idea!

Having visited a Circuit City Store in late June of this year on a Saturday afternoon in an otherwise busy mall and found it to be full of stock, some corporate Blue Shirts on the floor and just myself in an area of what must have been over 50,000 SF, it struck me that they could do better if they simply marketed themselves as a privatised morgue.

4. Doug Glass
    Coat

Still a No-Brainer

No change here. High prices, morons for employees, and customer service Satan can learn from.

5. tony trolle
    Alien

was it Circuit City

who sacked 3000 odd sales/tech experts in 2007 cuz they earned too much money. lol

6. tony trolle
    Alert

WTF

Philip J. Schoonover gets at least $1.8 million in severance after agreeing to step down

This topic is closed for new posts.