Francis Ford Coppola's Godfather has emerged as the best film ever in a poll of the top 500 films compiled by Empire magazine. Crowd-pleasing favourites - such as Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, The Shawshank Redemption and Jaws are the other choices to make Empire's top five, which is best on a survey of …
Just checked the list and
The Shawshank Redemption is now number one. Excellent film and definitely one of my all favourites along with Blade Runner and the original Alien.
That is the best movie ever, hands down.
these lists are rubbish
The Dark Knight was a good film, a very good performance by Ledger,
but better then
2001: A Space Odyssey
Some like it Hot
Show's the 'quality' of the judgement in some places
Shows the 'quality' in some respects as I agree with you. Where is City of God and Seven Samurai? Where is Ran?
Just goes to show that Hollywood does win (usually)...
If you haven't seen Tremors (1), Caddyshack or Second hand lions, do yourself a favor and rent them.
Foreign? Of course they are!
But these ARE all foreign films - not a British one among them.
Attack of The Killer Tomatoes and Tromeo & Juliet
Some people have no taste...
ooh another top x film poll, whoopee doo
i dont mind that theres no IT angle, its just boring.
godfather is most overrated ever btw
Surely that deserves to be in the top 10 - it's the largest cult movie around (although the stage show beats it hands down)
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones