back to article El Reg dresses The IT Crowd

We're delighted to announce today that, following a request from Talkback Thames, El Reg's merchandising tentacle has dispatched a load of apparel and other paraphernalia to act as cast and set dressing for the forthcoming new series of Channel 4's The IT Crowd. Thames got in touch after writer Graham Linehan posted a request …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

hmmm

can you reboot for me please?

2. drunk.smile
    Paris Hilton

Paris because...

...at least she has a stretch limo.

3. Craig
    Heart

Whoops!

1) The line on the sign up page "Please note we don't use your details for anything other than the C'n'C newsletters" is clearly a lie... you're also using my details for this competition!

2) Once submitted I get an error on the page, which makes me think I'm probably not signed up at all, despite the text...

Look, I love the IT Crowd, just tell me where to send the bribe :)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Let's hope...

...that series 3 is better than series 2.

5. Aortic Aneurysm
    Thumb Up

Awesome.

Thanks

You're all signed up and we'll throw you a newsletter as soon as we have something exciting to relate.

^

Excellent, I signed up as I love the IT crowd, one of the most under-rated tvshows ever. The episode when they go to see the gay play is hilarious.

6. Tom

Almost fell for that!

Until I saw the caviat. 6:30 is a time rarley seen by our kind unless we're on some god awful slipped change.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Trawling..

Oh god, that means they're trawling the comments sections for ideas.

8. Simon Painter
    Unhappy

FAIL and you...

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Tried to subscribe because I am quite desperate to win (almost to the pants wetting stage) and got an error. Have checked that I have not been doing something userish and even 'switched it off and back on again'.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

"Touch Base"???

I feel dirty and abused by corporate language. I expect better from the reg, next we'll be synergising to meet customer expectations going forward.

10. Graham Marsden
    Boffin

@Trawling.. .

If they are trawling this section for ideas, perhaps they could try something different like, oh, I don't know, actually making the show *funny*!

Try watching The Big Bang Theory instead...

11. Matt
    Heart

That sounds so exciting...

...I may have to put on my bigger glasses.

12. Parax
    Alert

funny factoid...

Richard Ayoade [aka Moss] was tutored in mathematics by a Master Bates.

that is all.

13. Niall

Dress the Dingles

How about sending some clobber down to the farm. I wouldn't mind entering a competition to see Emmerdale being filmed.

14. M
    Heart

Ohhhh!

It's exciting! I have signed up as I really want to go and see it!

15. Mike Crawshaw
    Unhappy

Multiple Chances?

I don't suppose that, as someone who signed up AGES ago, and has actually BOUGHT SOMETHING from C&C, I'd have a better chance of winning than one of these bandwagon-jumpers who're subscribing just for the competition and will unsubscribe again straight after, would I?

Yeah, thought not...! *humph*

16. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

So am I signed up or not?

17. Tom
    Go

Idea

I agree that I certainly hope season 3 is better than 2. 1 was great. But it seemed to have lost something with the loss of Denholm. It would be nice if they could bring him back... perhaps something along the lines of he had a hang glider waiting on a ledge he jumped onto then he tried to escape the country only to be caught and now is giving orders from prison, with a nice mockup office in there. Something like that.

18. Andrew Moore

Season 2 wasn't too bad...

It gave us Gay: The Gay Musical. Problem was I think the rest of the series was overshadowed by that one. Plus Denholms son is no replacement for Denholm.

19. Michael Chester
    Thumb Down

Damn

Has to be the week i go off to Uni.... Would have loved to go otherwise, but somehow dont think Oxford would accept "Can i skive off one of the first four friday afternoons to go watch a TV show being filmed?".

Plus, being a student properly by that point, i will naturally be down the pub

20. Rhyd

"fans of Vulture Central"

Two fans, one of them was me. Surely I should get a ticket by default :P

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ Michael Chester

"dont think Oxford would accept 'Can i skive off ...' "

Worked for me! (and no, I haven't failed - not the first 2 years anyway).

22. Mart
    Flame

Stopped series 2 bashing

The first ep (gay musical) was pur brilliant and i think the other eps did have their moment, as for Denholms son, he is funny and shines out in the german cooking episode, personally i think both series were great, big bang is funny but you just cant beat british humour

also the dinner party is hilarious

23. Aortic Aneurysm

Well,

It's 3pm uk time, I haven't heard that I've won, so I assume, I Didn't.

Gutted.

24. Antony
    Joke

Have you tried Turning it Off and On again?

The newsletter sign up page still isn't working.

Have you tried Turning it Off and On again?

25. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

the IT crowd

Still, it's 'redesigned' comments page,

totally inferior to your old comments page.

This site lacks 'color'.

I don't anything to happen to El Reg,

But, I fear...

26. Paul

RE: Well

Wrong day.

This topic is closed for new posts.