NEC has been asked by Japanese network operator Softbank Mobile to provide an IMS-based network to support its femtocell service, for full commercial deployment in January 2009. The deployment will mark the first time femtocells have been deployed using the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) from end to end, despite the two …
A British Success Story
Worth adding that these IMS femtocells were designed and developed by British firm Ubiquisys, who manufacture them with Sony UK Tech in Wales.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base