back to article Amanda Donohoe rides into Emmerdale

We're not quite sure what the regulars down at the Woolpack will make of this*, but LA Law thespiatrix Amanda Donohoe is set to join the cast of venerable ITV soap Emmerdale as one half of a "sexy new couple" who retire to the country. Donohoe, 46, has declared herself "very excited" to join former Casualty star Maxwell …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Niall
    Dead Vulture

El Reg TV Gudie

Two new people in Emmerdale!? I mean come on, what next are you going to start adding TV listings. Why not get rid of BOFH and replace it with summaries of what's happening in Neighbours or Home and Away.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Watch out

Whenever Donohoe appears there's always sex and nudity not far behind.

Mines the White Worm Skin mac.

Efros.

3. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

FFS

Where's the f8cking IT angle, or even anything vaguely newsworthy? If you're going to drool over celebutards, at least pick someone interesting, like good ol' Paris, not Jade Goody's ugly sister.

4. lIsRT
    Coat

"Not like Lady Godiva, we sincerely hope"

Speak for yourself El Reg.

Mine's the one with the old VHS of Lair of the White Worm, much paused/frame-advanced at the stewardess fight scene.

5. Dave Jones
    Happy

Eee bah gum

Don't forget the lady's less-than-convincing northern accent in "Deep Secrets", that "not quite ready for Prime Suspect" drama with PS skin job Colin Salmon.

6. Marc McAllister
    Paris Hilton

I don't recall seeing much IT in t'dales

As good as Emmerdale Farm was (when there were cows, sheep in t'top field etc) I fail to see what El Reg is doing reporting this? I mean, next thing I know my wife will be reading this site to get her Eastenders fix..

Paris 'cause I'm sure she's an animal lover.

7. TheThing
    Thumb Down

IT angle?

Strange. I don't remember seeing many "Where's the IT angle?" comments re the resurrection of HHGTTG.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/17/new_hitchhikers_novel/comments/

I wonder why that would be?

8. Louis
    Flame

Breaking snooze

You bastards! That wasn't a redesign you did a few days ago... you just redirected to thesun.co.uk!!

9. Big_Boomer Silver badge
    IT Angle

@TheThing

Well, the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is a computer, which if you'd read it you would know. <LOL>

Besides, any geeknerd worth his salt has read all the books, listened to the radio show, seen the TV shows, hated the new movie and mourned the passing of dear departed Douglas.

Most geeknerds I know (and I do include myself in there) couldn't give a f**k if Haemarroid Farm, Constipation Street and Crapenders were all cancelled. Not that it would make any difference to the crap-quotient of our brave new multiple-channels-of-shite world of so called entertainment.

Clarkson for BBC General Director! ;-)

10. Marvin the Martian
    IT Angle

A title cannot express how unrequited this newspost is.

Who gives a lying uck? Dr. Who, H2G2, fine it's what we all watch, sometimes even on tv. But some fossil goes to a farm, wha?

11. John
    IT Angle

the IT angle

is the fact that it's posted on here. El Reg is tech, after all.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

And Wellcome to ..............

TV TITbits

Where you can find all the celebrity gossip and other assorted tosh that is really going to make a difference to your life.

Brenda H (Wolverhampton) Says: I can't get through the week without my fix of TV TITbits as it almost makes my boring, unemployed and overweight life worth living.

And what's the next weeks El Reg (aka Cosmo) super exclusive ?

**********Dot does knitting**********

Meanwhile those who are looking for technology information I suggest you look elsewhere as there is nothing to see here.

13. Simon
    IT Angle

Oops!

What's going on here El Reg?

Are you trying to test the waters to see if any of us would find soap news appealing?

I see the plan, daily articles on the Reg about all the soap news, so much easier than all that IT nonsense.

As they say on the Intertubes (Does it feature on Emmerdale, maybe we need an article on that as well?) Epic Fail.

(I need to click on that "IT?" button before the Reg runs out of them...)

14. Chris Matchett
    IT Angle

Post an article about the Lohan and Ronson

or Britney's new single being delayed

or the new series of Heroes or Dexter

or who got voted off Strictly Come Dancing

or Ronan Keating not liking Radiohead

Go on. I double dare you.

15. jake Silver badge

Bloody 'ell!

That travesty of so-called entertainment is still on the air?

Even "Top of the Pops" when they banned the Pistols was more entertaining ...

the "got me Os & As in N.Yorks in the late '80s" jake

16. Mark Aggleton
    Coat

@Chris Matchett

Phil Daniels got voted off....

Mine's the pink satin one

17. FreeTard
    Thumb Up

Best tottie of any girlie show

Debbie Dingle is just too sexy to miss. I don't watch the show for the story - the wife calls me when she comes on the screen. sexy...

18. Chris Matchett
    IT Angle

@FreeTard

I guess you still have a CRT television then. Or a wife with excellent balance.

19. Tim
    IT Angle

I agree...

With every single sentiment in these comments.

20. Matthew Ellen
    IT Angle

To help drive it home

WTF? What is this doing on the reg?

21. NT
    Thumb Down

Not here, please, Reg

Agreed. If we want soap news we can go crawling off to those fatuous magazines for people who really think Emmerdale's a real place with real people living in it.

Dear gods, I don't know why people watch that sort of drivel anyway; as if life's not depressing enough as it is.

22. Chris Parsons

FFS!

Title of post says it all.

23. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

"deliver some intriguing new storylines"

Or more likely the same old soapy froth of nudge-nudge sex, cod Dynasty nastiness, and unreal money/power games that have taken up residency in this pile of todge ever since the last cow was culled in the last Foot & Mouth outbreak!

24. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

WHO MADE Y'ALL READ THIS ONE THEN??

I'm not sure which I find more amusing - El Reg with a story about a soap, or the number of "readers" who read the story - or at least most of it - and then complained!

FFS people, if you don't want to read the story, DON'T CLICK ON IT!! It really is that simple.

Or have IQs suddenly dropped and much of the El Reg readership changed from (reasonably) sane and intelligent IT types to the sort of lu-sah brained sheep who read everything put in front since they don't have enough brain to think about what they are doing?

ps FreeTard, Jasmine and Chas(tity) are much nicer than Debbie, sorry mate.

AC in case anyone else in the office reads this... :-)

IT Angle? Who cares - it's TottieTV!!

25. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Well

I for one, would welcome her to my neck of the woods. We could use something like that around here....

Paris, 'cus we could use her too.

26. NT

@ WHO MADE Y'ALL READ THIS ONE THEN??

<< FFS people, if you don't want to read the story, DON'T CLICK ON IT!! It really is that simple. >>

A predictable enough comment, certainly. But you missed something. What you're seeing here is people *commenting* on the story, not people reading it.

So is there some reason you imagine readers *shouldn't* feed back to the Reg if they think a story shouldn't be on the site?

Maybe you'd be happy to see the site disappear into celeb-land, but obviously a lot of people here wouldn't.

In order to complain to the Reg about a story, it's not necessary to actually read the article. You can go straight to the comments page. However, even so, it's never sensible to complain about something without first reading what you're complaining about, which might explain why Reg readers are doing so.

27. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

ha ha

I would flame everyone, but I can't be bothered....why read it at all if you don't want? What a frikkin bunch of sheeple.

28. Matthew Ellen

re:well don't read it then

Would you expect to find nonsense like this in The Financial Times? I'm all for nonsense in The Register, just not this kind.

I'm not comparing El Reg to The Financial Times, but just commenting that stories should be appropriate to the target audience. The Financial Times knows its target audience. This story puts into doubt if The Register knows its own.

29. NT
    Flame

@ ha ha

<< sheeple >>

Do people still say that? How very 1980s.

Sorry, I'd write more, but I can't be bothered either.

This topic is closed for new posts.