Feeds

back to article London battles fire-breathing black cabs

Transport for London last week announced the temporary withdrawal of 500 black cabs following eight spontaneous combustion events in three months - the first incendiary transportation incidents in the capital since Red Ken Livingstone's removal from office apparently contained the fire-breathing vehicle menace. Sadly not. TfL …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Coat

Defcon Schwarzenegger - shurely shome mishtake?

>" * Schwarzenegger - 98 per cent likelihood of a full-blown hoover uprising "

Shouldn't that be a full-sucked hoover uprising?

Alien

It Appears the Lizards are getting braver

see how they are seen out and about with what looks like a publicity stunts for Google's new phones

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2989443/Mystery-of-the-albino-androids.html

Flame

CCTV footage or it didn't happen.

bring out the toy box

Happy

Well, it's about time

And I, for one, welcome our new fire-breathing black cab overlords.

Alert

London??

Are London Black Cabs specially fitted for this?

Coat

Did it combust out of sheer surprise when the driver used the indicator for the first time?

...mine's the one with the working brake lights.

Anonymous Coward

Expensive, Elitist, Expensive Transport

...that should never have been allowed in bus lanes (not that they should have been allowed either, not anyway). Give the bus lanes to the half-reasonable mini-cabs and let the taxis stay stuck in the traffic.

Elitist and expensive.

Did I mention? Expensive too?

Joke

Fitting

Expensive? Check

Uncomfortable? Double double check

Elitist? Check

Choosy? Check (try hailing one after midnight if you're a bloke with a mate)

Have you seen the ones with the useless 'internet' screens in the back? What a fu*king liberty!

Couldn't happen to a nicer class of vehicle.

/because they're a joke (albeit unfunny).

Thumb Up

@Thad

You're just jealous that you don't have any national symbols in your part of the bog !! London's black cabs are renowned worldwide and London's cabbies have a built-in sat-nav in their brains - see scientific(??) proof in BBC website. Other world renown cities have paid big RMBs for the right to use those cabs in those cities !!

Still, I can't blame you hicks for being jealous but could you, please, take that bit of straw out of your mouth before you go "oo-arrrr" !!

This topic is closed for new posts.