A simple stroll around the block will one day be enhanced by an interactive audio guide of local sights, shop offers and more. That’s if a prototype Bluetooth-based technology gets off the ground. Talking Points was invented by boffins at the University of Michigan and is designed to feed verbal information to Bluetooth-enabled …
I am not an expert (far from it, indeed)...
... but does this really need a new bit of (bulky) electronics, or could it be done with the average BlueTooth enabled mobile phone? Or can phones only handle audio to/from headsets, not other devices permitted to "see" them?
Basically I like the idea though, so long as it wasn't too advert heavy to justify the expenditure on the transmitters.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action