A simple stroll around the block will one day be enhanced by an interactive audio guide of local sights, shop offers and more. That’s if a prototype Bluetooth-based technology gets off the ground. Talking Points was invented by boffins at the University of Michigan and is designed to feed verbal information to Bluetooth-enabled …
I am not an expert (far from it, indeed)...
... but does this really need a new bit of (bulky) electronics, or could it be done with the average BlueTooth enabled mobile phone? Or can phones only handle audio to/from headsets, not other devices permitted to "see" them?
Basically I like the idea though, so long as it wasn't too advert heavy to justify the expenditure on the transmitters.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops