A simple stroll around the block will one day be enhanced by an interactive audio guide of local sights, shop offers and more. That’s if a prototype Bluetooth-based technology gets off the ground. Talking Points was invented by boffins at the University of Michigan and is designed to feed verbal information to Bluetooth-enabled …
I am not an expert (far from it, indeed)...
... but does this really need a new bit of (bulky) electronics, or could it be done with the average BlueTooth enabled mobile phone? Or can phones only handle audio to/from headsets, not other devices permitted to "see" them?
Basically I like the idea though, so long as it wasn't too advert heavy to justify the expenditure on the transmitters.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip