Feeds

back to article Today be talk like a pirate day

We're sure you don't really need reminding, but today is Talk Like A Pirate Day - in fact extended into one long buckaneer-lingo weekend since the internationally famous celebration falls on a Friday, me hearties. Nuff said, really, except to add that it's time to get fired up on grog, keelhaul Noel Edmonds, give Sarah Palin a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Sarah Palin's pussy?

*shudder*

Am I the only one who doesn't find her attractive?

Am I?

Unhappy

Idiots.

...and you tell us this at 4pm? This article is next to useless.

El Reg has been crap recently. Really bad. Never thought I'd end up missing Otto, but...

Dead Vulture

"Hahahah" Not

"Talk like a pirate" day wasn't funny last year. Shockingly, it's not funny this year either.

How about "stupid sites that are really at home on facebook" day?

Coat

The question is.....

Why are pirates from the West Country ?

The answer.....

Because they arrr

Go

@Dangermouse

Sorry bro, but you're on your own. She'd get it all night long!

Pirate

Har!

Splice the mainbrace!

Pirate

@ DangerMouse

Yes.

You are the only one.

Coat

@Edward

It be alright Edward. There still be a whole weekend of piracy to enjoy - the article itself sez so.

We haven't even got to the weevil-ridden ship's biscuit and urine drinking stage yet!

Mine's the one with the cutlass in the pocket!

Sam

You have a woman's skin, my lord..

"Ha ha ha. -Aah! Your skin milord. I'll wager it ne'er

felt the lash of a cat ,been rubbed

with salt, and then flayed off by a pirate chief to make

fine stockings for his best cabin boy! "

Pirate

Aaaaarrrghh!

Splice the mainbrace and come about, there's booty to be had, me hearties. Rum for every scallywag and whore on the Spanish Main that joins us, aaaarrgh!

Arrrgh, it's mighty odd, but that damsel Tina Fey be fine, and that Sarah Palin be fowl, aaarrgh! I say into Davey Jones locker with her ..... the plank, the plank, aaarrrgh!

Pirate

@Idiots.

even the R4 Today program managed to mention it was ITLAP day just before the 9am news ... admittedly it was as a result of someone emailing them about it.

So why only tell as at 4pm

either you're all too busy designing cutsey icons etc so that the Reg can be Web 2.0 compliant (i.e. look nice but have no real use)

or 4pm BST == 8am PDT ... so the UK team are too busy mending the dishwasher to report news and leaving it to the US reports

Thumb Up

Credit!

Hey you didn;t give anyone credit for reminding you about it!

FYI.-- it was me!

Baroosk from North Pole

Sexist Humor? It's about time!

I've been waiting too long for El Reg to lower their pants. It's about time to take advantage of the fact that a female-type is running for a political office that should rightly be reserved for only those wielding natural insemination devices (aka plonkers.) Let's not forget this great country of ours was founded my men and NOT by women. Women were only vaguely involved, if at all.

Pirate

@Dangermouse

Nope, there's at least one other (and hopefully more). And being a Republican vice-presidential candidate is a pretty big turn-off for me.

Skull and crossbones because... well, it's obligatory today, innit?

Pirate

@Edward

Then i guess ye should walk the plank....

I be pirating iso booty, arh! Arh!

Type your comment here — plain text only, no HTML

Pirate

4pm on a Friday.

That's pretty much a whole day "arrrhhh!!!"ing missed. Surely this sort of stuff is on your calendars, and you prepare the story weeks in advance? Or did someone just remind you in an email? Go on, be honest.

Damn you Reg! This was important!

Paris Hilton

@Dangermouse

Yes. You are the only one.

Paris, because she doesn't even come close...

Silver badge
Pirate

@Edward

Aye, I be comin' 'ere to say just that m'self.

I say we make 'em walk the plank on the point of me trusty ol' cutlass.

Paris Hilton

@Dangermouse

No, you're not.

(Paris, 'cuz she's an empty-headed celeb as well)

Pirate

> Talk Like a Pirate

These days isn' t talking like a pirate more on the lines of

"D00dz u'll nver stp me gtng my warezz" ??

Pirate

Milk and cereal

Thanks to my friend, I was reminded about what day it is pretty early. However, I also got an e-mail reminder from Cravendale Milk, of all places. I am a fan of their milk and happen to be on their mailing list. They have taken to the day's festivities with honourable enthusiasm. Check it out at http://www.milkmatters.co.uk/#/pirateradio. The Pirate Radio is hilarious! Knowing what their TV ads are also like, I am convinced those Cravendale guys are total nutters. So I happened to have some Cravendale with my cereal this morning and this led me to visit the site for my cereal as well, dorsetcereals.co.uk. It just so happened that they had made a mention of this special day as well! Yaaar!!

Thumb Down

YArrrrgh....

...and not in a pirate type way..

"We're sure you don't really need reminding,"

Dammit I did need reminding but what use is it when its posted at 4pm, I'm reading this now when I'm at home rather than first thing this morning when I could make good use of it :[

Dangermouse, you miss the *meaning* of MILF

It's not necessarily someone you'd pick out of a crowd to bang, but would you do the wheelbarrow with her if she was looking for a change and you KNOW (because she's happily married) that there's no consequences to come from it?

THAT is the meaning of MILF.

"You have a woman's hands, my lord!"

Words from a great pirate, second rate captain but first rate second course.

Thumb Up

Avast!!

Avast ye scurvy dog!! The cat o'nine tales to you for only reminding everyone at 4pm. We been answering the ringer all day with Yarrr.

Silver badge
Coat

so I sez to the pirate...

"Those are some nice earrings!!" And he says "arrr, me heartie! they were only a buck an ear!"

(to hell with the coat... RUN!!!)

TJ
Pirate

Yarg!

If ye matey don't like thar El Reg, you need but mutiny the ship, and start ye own Swanky Tech ship. For if ye don't, you need not but walk yonder plank!

AAAARGH!

(Ever notice how your throat hurts after talking like a pirate? and Yes, I just read that to myself. Outloud. in a cubicle. People are staring. So much Fun!)

Heart

@Dangermouse

Yes, you are.

Pirate

Arr!

← That icon be much better now!

Anonymous Coward

Crap

So let loose the hordes of people who think this kind of thing is oh-so-funny, rather than just a light-hearted distraction.

Pirate

Ye scurvy barstewards...

... could have given us what spent the night down in the bilges an ahoy ahead 'o time.

Pirate

Lick a minge day

Arr I be misreadin yer bootynote,bein a full pirate oi be thinkin ye be promotin the 'Lick a minge ' day, which us northern pirates fear du to the girth of the cat.

YAAAAR!!!!

Anonymous Coward

Excuse me

But I'll pass on this one. When is walk like an egyptian day?

@Mark - I never knew milf was such a long acronym. I think its really clever how you got it down to 4 letters.

@Dangermouse - yes you are.

Silver badge

Loada silly sods!

But funny.

A little pedantic question; is this an Islamic skull & crossed swords? As the style of the swords appears quite Arabic as opposed to the traditional naval cutlass one would expect. Which had a full hand guard and a short, broad blade for swarthy cut throats to hack at each other with in the limited confines of a square rigger's deck.

Full and by lads, full and by!

@Dangermouse & @Mark

@Dangermouse: No, you aren't.

@Mark: No, I wouldn't. Not even if she was the last woman on earth, and I hadn't had any in a month of God-fearing Sundaes. Hmm.... Sundaes.

-Daniel

Silver badge

Mandatory pirate day joke

Yarr, Captain, There be a ships wheel stickin' outer yer pants!

Aye, it be drivin' me nuts!

(Yes, I am this shameless!)

Pirate

so this pirate walks into a bar...

With a steering wheel sticking out of his pants. Bartender looks at him and say "How'd that steering wheel get there". Pirate says "I don't know know, but it's driving me nuts" Yaarrrrr

Pirate

Pirates

Arrgh, me hearties. We talk like prirates because we know their decline causes global warming, and we need to remember the original Pastafarians

Paris Hilton

@Dangermouse

Agree completely! Thank goodness it takes all-sorts though - all the depraved loons slavering over Palin leaves much more wiggle-room for the sane among us to sniff round real politicians like Yulia Tymoshenko.

Paris, because it scans like Palin, but it's closer to Kiev.

Pirate

Mainbrace O'Clock!

...and don't ye knock it all back at once, Jim lad...

One hand for the ship!

That reminds me...

... next time I make a run up to Canada, to stop at the duty free on the return trip and pick up anothe bottle of Lamb's Navy Rum (the 151 proof. Not that 80 proof swill!)

Tom in Montana

Coat

It's...

...about time ye scurvy lads got up off yer arse t' score a goal against th' Bournemouth Gynaecologists instead o' flappin' yer bung holes!

> *Or lick Sarah Palin's cat, if ye will.

Or hail Confuse-A-Cat Ltd. if it be mopin' which ails her. After all, MILFin' aint pretty innit.

YArrrr!

Anonymous Coward

Pieces of eight

Oh sorry! I thought it said "talk like a parrot day".

Coat

@Sarah Palin's pussy...

I find her attractive enough to take home from a bar. After that though, her personality and worldview would make me pretty queasy. So beauty is only skin deep I guess--at least in her case. She's not one I'd pick for a friend, boss, employee, and certainly not for the VP seat.

That said, did you hear the one about the pirate that goes into a bar with a steering wheel mounted on his belt buckle? The barkeep says "What's with the steering wheel?" The pirate replies: "Ahhhr it's drivin' me nuts!"

Pirate

@Dangermouse me lad !

methinks she a mighty fine lass indeed .. arr .. arrr ! ..ARRR .. ARRRRRRRR !

de skull and crossbones because at least dis yar me lads, we don't have 2 in that club runn' for prez ..

Paris Hilton

@Steen Hive

You know, I hadn't thought about Yulia for Oh, maybe ten minutes and then your post brought it all back to me. I just had to take another look www.tymoshenko.com.ua/eng/photo/

Me timbers are shivered.

Happy

More piratical quotes...

That's *NOT* a peg-leg, ya scurvy landlubber !! - Long Dong Silver

Lookout in the crows nest, "Land ho !"

Captain, "No ! No ! No ! I want for a sea-going one !! "

Stop

Scallywags!

Avast, ye scurvy ridden buccaneers!

I found meself swashbuckling landside at a gathering of the family on the Friday of last, and my usually trusty first mate be not informing me of the events of the day!

This be why I continue with the pirate speak on this Monday morn, to make up for lost time. Y'arrr! Hoist the main sail, and yo ho ho and a bottle of grog! Bring me my copy of Monkey Island so i can trade insults.

P.S. Though down here in the darkest Westcountry no one would notice a change in my accent.

Me Neither

I mean she's not an utter minger no but I wouldn't trip over my tongue chasing after her...I suppose if you like the sort......

Tim
Pirate

Yarr...mistress Palin...

If it be fer jist the one night I be givin it to 'er straight over a barrel, all hearty like! After that her politics might be a bit diff'rent!

This topic is closed for new posts.