Feeds

back to article Ten of the Best... MP3 speakers

Portable loudspeakers are always a tricky proposition. Generally, small speakers produce an equally small sound. If you do try to pump up the volume then the sound tends to become distorted. So there’s a difficult balancing act between the size of the speakers and the quality and volume of the sound that they can produce. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Up

Props to the sub

For the Zevon reference.

Alien

I just can't get it out of my head...

that Harman Kardon is a spoonerism..

Coat

PreIpod speakers...

I use a generic 2.1 system from the Saitek A200.

Looks cool and is the first product I''ve bought with a cleaning cloth due to it's black gloss surfaces!

Heart

mp3 speakers?

what are mp3 speakers exactly?

mpeg-1 layer 3 encoded cones of paper?

Nimzy Vibro Max?

I'm sure her indoors has got one of those hidden in her knicker drawer.

Nev
Bronze badge
Thumb Up

Seem to have missed the two best portable speakers...

Saitek A200 for long trips where you are sure you have power and a bit more luggage space. (It really needs mains power.)

Sony SRS-T70 for short trips with only hand luggage. (Also allows un-amplified audio when you run out of power.)

Sam

MP3?

Shit quality anyway, why bother spending money on something that isn't there?

V
Thumb Down

what!

I haven't heard any of the others, but a roommate has the Logitech Pure-Fi Anywheres, and they sound worse than my laptop speakers (which are crap as it is).

Alert

There's no such thing ...

as an MP3 speaker! MP3 is a compression algorithm. These would appear to be active speakers (i.e. with built-in amplifiers) which have docks for separate MP3 players.

What I need for talking newspaper playback use is an active speaker with a USB socket and which can play MP3 files from USB flash memory.

This topic is closed for new posts.