Nvidia is to rid itself of 6.5 per cent of its worldwide workforce, the graphics chip maker has admitted. The cuts, which will see 360 Nvidia staff being handed redundancy notices, will have all been made by the end of October, when the chip maker's third fiscal quarter comes to a conclusion. Nvidia's Q3 balance sheet will …
what goes around, comes around
Perching precariously close to the edge?
Alongside their recent manufacturing blunders, you have to wonder why they are not pouring more effort into making their chips smaller and more efficient? An avid gamer already needs to be living right next to a nuclear power plant, syphoning off the power grid whilst bathing in a pool of liquid nitrogen to run the damn chips!
With Chipzilla having the muscle to develop (hopefully half decent) combined CPU/GPU graphics, and AMD/ATI having the perfect platform also, you have to wonder where Nvidia fit into this market in the future?
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp