A manufacturer of lithium-ion batteries for electric cars has said that lithium-ion batteries will dominate the electric car market for the next 15-20 years. The claims comes from Compact Power CEO Prabhakar Patil, speaking this week at the Reuters-sponsored Autos Summit event. If Patil's correct, then it doesn't look like we' …
Why does every area of technology advance in leaps and bounds with the single exception of the bloody batteries? I want an electric car I can charge off a frightened pig on a treadmill and drive for a week, dammit.
But are they safe?
Are they going to spontaneously combust like laptop batteries?
Great news, but ...
This is a great step forward. Does it also mean that we shall see American troops move out of the oil states to "protect" the battery producing countries?!
Safe, but not long-lasting
@#2 (Anon. Coward):
Yes, they are safe.
However, I don't think they'll last much longer than laptop batteries.
- ASTEROID'S SHOCK DINO-KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it