Some questions for the makers.
1) Do they still work once "Kilroy was here" has been engraved into the surface with a penknife?
2) Are they suitable for the destructive testing of conkers?
3) Do they have a disused inkwell to put snot balls in? If not, do they still work when the underside is caked in dried snot?
4) Do they make the correct "fdoooooiiiinnngggg" noise when a ruler is held to the surface at one end and then flicked at the other while dragged sharply toward the holder? If not, can you come up with an onomatopoeic representation of the actual noise produced?
5) Are they robust enough to withstand "Lardy" Simmonds being dropped from a height of around four feet onto the surface?
6) How long is the power cord? Is this enough to support "desk walkies" races up the classroom?
7) Do you provide software that will do something useful (e.g. convert the surface into a functioning replica of Mr Data's navigation console from Star Trek Next Gen)?
8) Can they be written on using indelible markers?
9) Can they be cleaned after being written on with indelible markers?
10) Can the flat surface be easily detached from its mountings? If yes, what's the current record for the furthest "frisbee" throw?