VMware asserted its prime place at the front of the storage management line yesterday when it announced vStorage API set along with its virtual data centre operating system (VDC-OS). It is banking on these announcements at the opening of its VMworld conference yesterday putting it to the fore in becoming the location for …
Let's hope they've learned a bit about testing things since last month's shameful debacle.
Red Hat already has a storage API
"It all sounds pretty thorough and impressive and raises the bar yet again for VMware competitors Citrix, Microsoft, Red Hat, Sun and Virtual Iron."
Red Hat already have a virtualization storage API through libvirt (http://libvirt.org/storage.html) It is being used by Sun and VirtualIron too.
Red Hat are pretty progressive,
but they lack the sales penetration and tier of partner companies Vmware have, so VMware's storage API usage will paly a lot better
The best thing about standards...
*Cough* SMI-S *Cough*
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- 46% of iThings slurp iOS 8: What part of this batt-draining update didn't you like?