The National Policing Improvement Agency has added three years to its agreement with Unisys for the support of its major crimes enquiry system. It has signed a contract with the company, with a value of up to £12m, to provide support and maintenance under the Holmes 2 Software Supply Enabling Agreement. The agreement, which …
"...........will now run until September 2011."
".......replacement of Holmes 2, which will need to be delivered within the timescales of the Holmes 2 Enabling Agreement extension. "
Reading those two together, it doesn't take much use of the Crystal Ball to work out that the next massive fingerpointing exercise about time / budget overruns for a government IT project will be over Holmes 3 then.
Note to Civil Service IT procurement types. Learn from your mistakes and stop working on the assumption that throwing a shed-load of cash at a big IT consultancy can make pigs fly.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base