The National Policing Improvement Agency has added three years to its agreement with Unisys for the support of its major crimes enquiry system. It has signed a contract with the company, with a value of up to £12m, to provide support and maintenance under the Holmes 2 Software Supply Enabling Agreement. The agreement, which …
"...........will now run until September 2011."
".......replacement of Holmes 2, which will need to be delivered within the timescales of the Holmes 2 Enabling Agreement extension. "
Reading those two together, it doesn't take much use of the Crystal Ball to work out that the next massive fingerpointing exercise about time / budget overruns for a government IT project will be over Holmes 3 then.
Note to Civil Service IT procurement types. Learn from your mistakes and stop working on the assumption that throwing a shed-load of cash at a big IT consultancy can make pigs fly.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Even a broken watch is right twice a day: Not an un-charged Apple Watch
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast