HTC has launched a handset offensive and unveiled two handsets at either end of the mobile phone technology spectrum. HTC_Touch3G_1 HTC's Touch 3G: has... well... 3G The Touch 3G and Touch Viva both use HTC’s established TouchFlo touch-sensitive UI, but while the Touch 3G – as the name suggests – enables HSDPA 3G connectivity …
Need I say more?
Any information on whether the phones support the new Micro SDHC cards?
My personal TyTn2 supports it (I'm using an 8Gb Sandisk card), but some other 'lesser' models dont, or support is flakey.
Visually, I'd rather they followed the Touch Diamond or Touch Pro look and feel, waaaay smaller, less bulbous. I have a Touch Diamond work phone, and its gorgeous if a bit sluggish in the touchflo 3D department.
P.S. Whats with the crappier new icons, why ditch the old ones for these kiddie designed ones? I mean look at the one I selected. *Bring back olde style acid smiley/frowney face*
What's that then? Cell triangulation?
I added an 8G microSD to my first-gen HTC Touch, to allow it to substitute my iPod mini 6G. The card works fine (well, the USB is far too slow to make loading comfortable, but that is another story).
As for assisted GPS, it is not such a bad idea as it sounds. It is actual sat-based GPS, but it shortens the rather lengthy satellite capture procedure by already knowing where it approximately is by cell tower triangulation, and provides an aproximate location until satellites are found.
iPhanatic, presumably, then? Personally I prefer the Touch styling to the Diamond/Pro look (one reason I'm happy with my Touch Dual). I think they're nice looking devices, and my TD's been great.
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Oh God the RUBBER on my SHAFT has gone wrong and is STICKING to things