LeftHand Networks has revved its SAN/iQ iSCSI storage area network (SAN) software, storing desktop images much more efficiently, and enabling hypervisor admin staff to manage storage directly through an API. On the first day of VMworld in Las Vegas LeftHand Networks has brought stronger software chips to the virtualization table …
I *know* this is wrong
The company's marketing VP, Larry Cormier, ... contrasts NetApp and LeftHand cloning approaches: "NetApp's FlexClone is file-based. Ours is block-based. The (VDI) data looks more like a database than a file."
I beg to differ. NetApp's deduplication is block based, not file based. FlexClone is a block based zero capacity technology. It doesn't deduplicate data because it doesn't duplicate it in the first place.
Disclosure; NetApp employee
Why Marketing people should not comment on technology
Larry has clearly got the whole 3 PAR Inserv comment wrong!
3PAR is a block device not a N AS device.
Please visit this link www.storagerap.com for clarity.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests