Feeds

back to article Sainsbury's punts 'Innocent kids juices' for £2.99

As I write this, I can hear a distant droning which indicates the Twat-O-Tron has just been fired up at its secret location somewhere in Middle England and is about to discharge an unholy turdspurt at supermarket monolith Sainsbury's. Here's why: Sainsbury's offer for "Innocent kids juices" Yup, we're thinking the same as you …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Paris Hilton

El Reg

Turning into Failblog?

ICanHasOldParisIconBackPlz? (although the others can stay, this new one just doesn't look as good...)

Hahahaha

I hope they'll be forced to sign the sex offenders register.

Pirate

Darn it!

If I'd have known they were squishing kids when I worked next door to them many years ago, I might have turned down all those free bottles...now I'm hopelessly addicted. Really bad as I now work at a school.

Of course the grammar would have been easy if they'd just labelled them "Innocent juices for kids".

That's nothing.....

How many infants have to be squeezed to make a bottle of Baby oil?

IT Angle

Nevermind the grammar

More to the point, how can they charge so much for 'Kids' smoothies, shouldn't they at least be half the price of the 'Adults' versions?!

Paris Hilton

My little sister

Recently gave me a birthday card. She made it herself. She managed to correctly place an apostrophe (It's your birthday).

Shame on you Sainsbury's.

Paris, obviously.

Happy

Sainsbury's??

Shop at Asda, nobody there give a shit about apostrophes!

I bought some of those

On the side of the carton they have a URL printed:

www.innocentkids.co.uk

I haven't visited it because I don't want the police kicking my door down at 5am and confiscating my computer...

Coat

Never mind the apostrophe,

Exactly which juices from innocent kids are we talking about here?

I'm sorry, mine's the dirty Belgian one.

Unhappy

i know this is being decussed else where but

the picture doesn't fit in your new fixed width evil ness place in future crop photo's to fit or get rid of the fixed width (my preferences) other than that it's lovely

but to the point clearly this is just a sign that the world is deevoling back to the soup we all came from.

I personally can't wait until we become a split race of super intelligent race of higher beings and a race of illiterate slaves for us to rule over. ofcourse first we must get rid of the third race of people who seems intelligent until they get public office then they suddenly become stupid i believe they are called politians

Thumb Up

unholy turdspurt

I can't wait to use that one at the next meeting I have to go to.

Brilliant. Thanks for enriching my language once again.

Paris Hilton

@ Mike Groombridge

For a comment on grammar you may just wanted to have proof read your post.......Capital letters are a godsend in the English language.

IT Angle

Chortle

I won't complain about the change in format of ElReg because I usually love the content. But this article really is late on a Friday afternoon after a good lunchtime in the pub level of quality.

So someone missed out an apostrophe. Who gives a flying fuck? The grammatical error is endemic. Yes, it pisses a lot of us off, but I fail to see the IT angle. Even slightly.

Have you suddenly started being sponsored by The Daily Mail?

Coat

Innocent Have Previous Form

They have also launched a drink called "Thickie". Now when I was at school "thickie" wasn't a drink.... Whatever next? A drink called Retard? One called Guilty Priest Squirt?

Yes, I know I'm going to Hull for that one...

Happy

Get in my belly

Well if Fat Bastard from the Austin Powers series decides to go on a liquid diet he now knows where to shop....

Sam

cannot resist

My little sister

By Mike Dyne Posted Monday 15th September 2008 14:45 GMT

" Recently gave me a birthday card. She made it herself. She managed to correctly place an apostrophe (It's your birthday)."

She's 24....

Happy

Superb... Well done, Sainsbo's muppets

*applause*

Now, El Reg web-monkeys, please fix the formatting so that the darned piccy is sized properly...

;p

Anonymous Coward

@ Mike Groombridge

"I personally can't wait until we become a split race of super intelligent race of higher beings and a race of illiterate slaves for us to rule over."

Judging by your post, I don't think you are in any danger of doing any ruling over.

Millions of peaches

The carton at the front appears to contain juices from Peaches. Now that seems like a good idea. At least it might shut her up.

Silver badge
Coat

I dont see whats you're problem here

Mine is the greengrocer's one

Joke

@ Jay Cooper

I believe Mike Groombridge used the wrong Icon, I think he wanted the "Joke Alert" icon and given the poor quality of the new icons he got confused.

That's right isn't it Mike, I mean your comments on literacy and grammar peppered with so many mistakes was a joke, right?

Heart

@Alan Potter

I suppose to the pure, all things are pure; but for the rest of us, the idea of drinking the juices of innocent kids is rather more off-putting than the missing apostrophe, and is indeed the point of the article.

Dead Vulture

FAIL.

This story is old. This went round the emails about 2 months ago.

My mates is a manger at Sainsbury's and revelaed that they then went and changed it to:

''Innocent Kids' - £2.99

Oh dear. Fail to Sainsbury's too.

Anonymous Coward

Missing Apostrophe

I am glad the Reg, has highlighted this grocers' apostrophe mistake, and this is so endemic to IT; you see it is in response to SQL injection attacks.

Remove the apostrophe, remove the threat I say.

Stop

What?

Who gives a flying one about the apostrophe? I mean, did you see the price? Bloody hell!

W
Dead Vulture

Hoisted by yer own petard?

...the deliberate mistake: the mis-spelling of "Sainbury's" in the title of the article was intentional irony, wasn't it?

"this article really is late on a Friday afternoon after a good lunchtime in the pub level of quality"

Agreed.

Aside from the apostrophe incident, while innocent are overpriced at the best of times, this 'kids' version is daylight robery.

And, as has been mentioed, the image didn't fit the layout either.

Cuh!

Self-inflicted downfalls seem to be in vogue: Will G Brown/Nu-Labour or El Reg implode first?

IT Angle

I see

I see now why you needed to make more space for headlines on the homepage.

With solid gold "news" like this, you *really* need the space.

"Grocer Gets Apostrophe Wrong"

in other news: pope confesses to closet catholicism.

Sigh.

Linux

What's the world coming to...

when you can collect nectar points on innocent kids juices???

cat milk?

reminds me of the day i told my g/f that cat milk comes from cats....the lok of horor was rather funny as i exlained there was factorys full of cats with mini pumps attached to there nipples............

Dan

So el Reg considers this news??

Jesus Christ, there are some sites on the web that you expect to pander to this kind of thing, failblog for example, or englishfail, but el reg?? You've got to be kidding me, I'm used to having to filter through the crap to the stuff I'm interested in but at least the crap used to actually be news! This is a joke, and it's not a funny one..

Bronze badge
Joke

Pedo trap!

Seriously only a vulgar mind would think such a thing. No wait...

@Mike Brown

You can tell it's true- the Simpsons did something similar with rats. It's that whole cat-and-mouse thing going- they thought they'd take the piss out of reality by making it a rat rather than a cat!

I think they should just avoid mentioning kids at all.

roy
Stop

never mind the apostrophe - £2.99!!

how can they charge that much for juice?? even if it is from innocent kids!

Bronze badge

Two apostrophes, please.

Surely they should be labelled "Innocent's kids' smoothies"?

Happy

You should've resisted!!!

By Sam Posted Monday 15th September 2008 15:39 GMT

She's 24....

It was my 23rd birthday yesterday! :)

She's 11, not the brightest kid in the world, but damnit, I'm proud she got that one right!

Happy

@roy

Well, "innocent" is just another way of saying "naive" or "gullible"...

At Sainburys...

Kids are Soylent Green...

Thumb Down

WTF?

Has this got to do with IT, or anything remotely close to it?

My GOD get a life!

Coat

@Mike Groombridge

Are you THE Mike Groombridge? (Cambridge, early this decade?)

If not; I'll get my coat, it's the dirty flasher mac, with pockets stuffed with bottles of innocent kids' juices...

Not to spoil a good joke...

...but that's not necessarily incorrect. You can say 'Innocent kids' as a single brand name. In which case an apostrophe isn't necessary between the 'kids' and 'juices'. For example, you would say 'Innocent juices' not 'Innocent's juices'.

Bronze badge

Captain Jamie

One better for you. about four years ago corn nuts did a major ad campaign. Theme was nut busting fun.

The ad went like this. Bust a nut at work, but a nut at the prom, bust a nut at the park.

Lets look at that again .

Bust a nut at work: I don't want to get fired

Bust a nut at the prom: I'm working on it

Bust a nut at the park: and end up on the sex offenders list..

For you people that don't get it it, google bust a nut. Make sure you are not at work

Essence of Gelfling next shelf over, also on sale?

And, from the _Addams Family_ movie:

Girl Scout: Is this [lemonade] made from real lemons?

Wednesday: Yes.

Girl Scout: I only like all-natural foods and beverages, organically grown, with no preservatives. Are you sure they're real lemons?

Pugsley: Yes.

Girl Scout: I'll tell you what. I'll buy a cup if you buy a box of my delicious Girl Scout cookies. Do we have a deal?

Wednesday: Are they made from real Girl Scouts?

(b'dmp-KSSSH)

Anyhoo, what marketroid decided on the "Innocent" brand name? Sounds a bit Lolita- ish, ya? Or are they trying to carve marketshare away from Megaphone Mark's "Guilty! Guilty! Guilty!" brand?

Flame

@ all the whiners about "wots the IT angle"

Sigh... the story is in Bootnotes. I suggest if you have issues with articles that have very little or nothing to do with IT you give the whole section a miss rather than reading them and then complaining it. Getting all huffy and then polluting the comments section with your inane whines about "How this has nothing to do with IT" gets a tad old.

As a simple guide, the articles with "Bootnotes" above the headline are things you probably want to avoid.

IT Angle

Extraction method ?

So are they cold pressed and filtered, or solvent extracted, or simply pulped or what ? There is a hint of a technology angle there.

apostrophes bah

apostrophes who needs them they are just commas filled with heilam I say we get rid of the hole stinking lot of them

Gold badge
Stop

@Secretgeek

"My mates is a manger at Sainsbury's and revelaed that they then went and changed it to:"

O....M.....F.....G.....! All I can say is that your title was well chosen as you appear to have swigged deeply from the cup thereof.

Anonymous Coward

Actually, shouldn't be an apostrophe

Apostrophe is for possessive case. As you point out, it would be 'juices of kids'. What they really mean is juices FOR kids, so that's how it should have been written.

Thumb Down

June called

They would like their news back

Stop

There is nothing wrong

Reg, you are wrong. The caption is 100% correct. There is no need for an apostrophe, the stuff is called "Innocent Kids". It's not plural, it's a name.

Unhappy

Ok, I confess to being slower than the average bear...

... but I read the whole apostrophe thing as an ironic misdirection aimed at highlighting the absurdity of a story on tabloid standard giggle-icious faux pas and a not so subtle dig at those folk that take such things altogether too seriously and vent their misplaced spleens webwise ...

The bears have been robbing me blind at the three card monte and i could certainly use a bottle of the Innocent brand fruit juice for kids to quench the inferno of my burning humilliation.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.