back to article Ex-Verizon techie cuffed for 5,000 'chat' line calls

A former Verizon facilities technician was on Tuesday cuffed for allegedly tapping the landlines of 942 of the company's customers to make 5,000 calls to 1-900 "chat" lines, racking up a $220,000 bill in the process. According to the The Star-Ledger, Joseph R. Vaccarelli, 45, of Nutley, New Jersey, spent 45,000 minutes on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He is

in a very *sticky* situation

2. Colin Reid
    Paris Hilton

Simple test for guilt

Surely there is one simple test to determine if he's guilty or not.

I call it the 'hairy hands and impaired vision' test.

Paris, cause she makes my hands hairy.

3. Jamie
    Linux

you know it is a geek site when

You have to put in a bootnote stating that the calculations are based on a 52 week year, otherwise people reading would do calculations and state you made a mistake.

4. Louis
    Go

Time conversion

1.44 hours a week, otherwise known as 17.28 lonely single BT engineer hand shandies (at 5 minutes a piece). I think it's time The Reg online standards convertor was updated to include time..

(I accept no liability for any dodgy half arsed incorrect maths that may have occured in this comment).

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Less than 2 hours a week ?

How exactly is that "outrageous" ? I mean it is perfectly in the realm of the possible. I'd venture that I spend easily twice that time on the Net - just during my lunch hour.

6. Gilbert Wham

Chatlines? How terribly quaint.

Why was he not spending all his time pissing around on Facebook, like every other workshy dunderhead in the world who is busily INFECTING! MACHINES! I! HAVE! TO! CLEAN! through that horrible web 2.bollocks even as we speak. I'm going to stop explaining to them how they *should* behave even on their home machines and just buy a taser.

Sample of new improved conversation w/thicko:

"Yes, but if you do (X) instead, it wouldn't keep breaking"

"That's stupid! I can't be bothered to do that!"

BZZZZZZT!

"Erk..."

7. pete
    Paris Hilton

Gives a whole new meaning

This gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Minute Man".

Paris, for obvious reasons... Mine's the one with the case of Trojans in the bulging pocket.

8. James Monnett

Gilbert Wham

Gilbert may I interest you in my tasercomp design, which features a built in taser with leads to the power button.

I should wanr you given the fact it pulls from a 850 wat power supply as opposed to the standard 9 volt battery there is a chance of overcharge which might include minor side effects to users such as permanant mental or physical impairment, various dysfuntions, retardation (which would be redundant in the case of users anyway) or death.

JM takes NO liability for accidental overcharges or misuse.

Mines the one with the taser and "unique" internal wiring

9. sidney cook
    Joke

Joseph R. Vaccarelli, 45, of Nutley, New Jersey

I can not belive you missed this Nutley, New Jersey. Well he was getting his Nutleys off.

Sorry I had to say it.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

sex calls

He will be making sex calls of another type now.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like