Content silo drawbridges will be lowered if EMC, IBM, and Microsoft have their way. Vast piles of documents, project plans, spreadsheets, presentations, images, videos and much besides are set aside as enterprise content and stored in enterprise content management (ECM) repositories. There are Documentum repositories, SharePoint …
Twice in One Day
Seriously guys, I might actually blog about this, then you'll be sorry, oh yes. The people will rise, they will.
Clouds, Silos, and the '70's
Aren't all these buzzwords just another attempt to hit the goals set for business computing in the 1970's? "Networks, universal document storage, remote access, etc..."?
While some of this stuff might be technically impressive IT is presently standing on the shoulders of its parents and grandparents: little real innovation, only improving what someone else has done.
- One HUNDRED FAMOUS LADIES exposed NUDE online
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Rubbish WPS config sees WiFi router keys popped in seconds