Content silo drawbridges will be lowered if EMC, IBM, and Microsoft have their way. Vast piles of documents, project plans, spreadsheets, presentations, images, videos and much besides are set aside as enterprise content and stored in enterprise content management (ECM) repositories. There are Documentum repositories, SharePoint …
Twice in One Day
Seriously guys, I might actually blog about this, then you'll be sorry, oh yes. The people will rise, they will.
Clouds, Silos, and the '70's
Aren't all these buzzwords just another attempt to hit the goals set for business computing in the 1970's? "Networks, universal document storage, remote access, etc..."?
While some of this stuff might be technically impressive IT is presently standing on the shoulders of its parents and grandparents: little real innovation, only improving what someone else has done.
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed