An Indian man convicted of hacking into internet brokerage accounts to manipulate stock prices has been jailed in the US for two years. Thirugnanam Ramanathan, 35, originally of Chennai, India, broke into customer investment accounts held with brokerages including TD Ameritrade, Fidelity and E*Trade. He dumped existing holdings …
So he did (more or less) what brokers & traders have done for years by false rumour, planting of stories etc.
Except they don't get prosecuted.....
AND they get to keep the money.....
Mine's the designer coat with the Porsche keys in the pocket.
he should have just hacked into some newspapers website ...
see other news of the day
Good play old man !
One could easily leverage themselves into an RSS millionare in the 5 minutes it took UAL to going from bad to bargan. He could have bought of all of United Airlines for about $250,000 US (~ six euros).
<-- The one with the wings on the lapel
He's also learning...
...as Gary McKinnon has, that the laws of the American Empire apply to the entire planet, not just the U.S. of A.
Mine's the one with the Application for Asylum to the Alpha Centaurian Hegemony in the chest pocket.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro