Feeds

back to article Flagship Sony Alpha blown in

Sony’s latest Digital SLR isn’t just the flagship model in its Alpha range, it’s also claimed to be the world’s first 24.6-megapixel camera with a full-frame CMOS sensor. Sony_DSLR_A900_front Sony's Alpha 900: boasts 24.6 megapixels The Japanese electronics giant stated that Alpha 900’s CMOS sensor is equivalent to a 35mm …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Up

Price

I'm working in Taiwan the noo and I saw this on the front cover of the paper this morning. Apparently on sale here for a snip under $90,000NT which works out about £1,500. Obviously it may be pushed upwards for the UK though but I'm interested in it. Looking forward to some reviews.

Thumb Up

Good news

When Sony bought out (Konica) Minolta's photographic division a lot of people (myself included) worried it might mean no more real pro models - and thus no more aspirational kit - leading to a gradual dumbing down of a once-great system.

I'm glad to see it's clearly not happening the way we feared. With any luck this is the first step on the road to a gradual breakup of the Canon/Nikon duopoly of recent years. The return of real competition and innovation in the high end can only be a good thing. With any luck it'll also make snooty CaNikon fans sit up and take notice instead of wasting their time trading insults in photographic forums, but I'm not holding my breath just yet.

Bronze badge

So more pixels is better?

This is just a gimmick for the number-chasers and gizmo collectors. There is a reason that Nikon and Canon dominate the photographer's market, and that is they know how to make a good camera. Sony should stick to making TV's and Walkman's.

This topic is closed for new posts.