iRobot Corp, famed as the manufacturer of the "Roomba" autonomous floor-cleaner, has bought underwater robot maker Nekton Research - suppliers of droid submarines to the US military. “We believe that the underwater market is the next frontier for robots,” said Helen Greiner, iRobot co-founder. “This acquisition positions us for …
No shit, Sherlock!
“We believe that the underwater market is the next frontier for robots,”
What, you mean that market that ROVs (i.e. everything robotic bar the autonomy) already dominate?
Since when did stating the bleedin' obvious become a business strategy?
Paris, 'cos she worked this one out about 10 years ago.
But... they're called pool-cleaners
and they already exist since a while?
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked