iRobot Corp, famed as the manufacturer of the "Roomba" autonomous floor-cleaner, has bought underwater robot maker Nekton Research - suppliers of droid submarines to the US military. “We believe that the underwater market is the next frontier for robots,” said Helen Greiner, iRobot co-founder. “This acquisition positions us for …
No shit, Sherlock!
“We believe that the underwater market is the next frontier for robots,”
What, you mean that market that ROVs (i.e. everything robotic bar the autonomy) already dominate?
Since when did stating the bleedin' obvious become a business strategy?
Paris, 'cos she worked this one out about 10 years ago.
But... they're called pool-cleaners
and they already exist since a while?
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network