iRobot Corp, famed as the manufacturer of the "Roomba" autonomous floor-cleaner, has bought underwater robot maker Nekton Research - suppliers of droid submarines to the US military. “We believe that the underwater market is the next frontier for robots,” said Helen Greiner, iRobot co-founder. “This acquisition positions us for …
No shit, Sherlock!
“We believe that the underwater market is the next frontier for robots,”
What, you mean that market that ROVs (i.e. everything robotic bar the autonomy) already dominate?
Since when did stating the bleedin' obvious become a business strategy?
Paris, 'cos she worked this one out about 10 years ago.
But... they're called pool-cleaners
and they already exist since a while?
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?