iRobot Corp, famed as the manufacturer of the "Roomba" autonomous floor-cleaner, has bought underwater robot maker Nekton Research - suppliers of droid submarines to the US military. “We believe that the underwater market is the next frontier for robots,” said Helen Greiner, iRobot co-founder. “This acquisition positions us for …
No shit, Sherlock!
“We believe that the underwater market is the next frontier for robots,”
What, you mean that market that ROVs (i.e. everything robotic bar the autonomy) already dominate?
Since when did stating the bleedin' obvious become a business strategy?
Paris, 'cos she worked this one out about 10 years ago.
But... they're called pool-cleaners
and they already exist since a while?
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps