Spectrum trading - the ability for licence holders to sell on, or sub let, their frequencies - has been broadly endorsed by both the FCC and Ofcom, so now a US company has done the obvious thing and set up a market for the buying and selling of radio frequencies. SpecEx is launched today, with spectrum worth $250 million up for …
WCDMA/UMTS 2100 Mhz in the US would be dream come true.
Chalk another one up for Capatilism/Consumerism
another day another piece of the natural world bought and sold. This is one sad panda! Pretty soon we will be buying *any* part of the EM spectrum that we wish to participate it. "Aha! You saw that rose in my zone. Have you paid the receivers fee? I own a 50% stake in cyan and magenta"
..the sad thing is, before the governments sold it......we used to own it!
Was...the public airwaves.
This damn government has sold the rug out from under us.
Wait 'til your government does the same to you...
And YOU have to buy a new phone, TV, radio...
Paris cried today...
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR