Spectrum trading - the ability for licence holders to sell on, or sub let, their frequencies - has been broadly endorsed by both the FCC and Ofcom, so now a US company has done the obvious thing and set up a market for the buying and selling of radio frequencies. SpecEx is launched today, with spectrum worth $250 million up for …
WCDMA/UMTS 2100 Mhz in the US would be dream come true.
Chalk another one up for Capatilism/Consumerism
another day another piece of the natural world bought and sold. This is one sad panda! Pretty soon we will be buying *any* part of the EM spectrum that we wish to participate it. "Aha! You saw that rose in my zone. Have you paid the receivers fee? I own a 50% stake in cyan and magenta"
..the sad thing is, before the governments sold it......we used to own it!
Was...the public airwaves.
This damn government has sold the rug out from under us.
Wait 'til your government does the same to you...
And YOU have to buy a new phone, TV, radio...
Paris cried today...
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK