back to article America's CTO: We have a winner

In one of the tightest contests ever seen in a Reg poll, columnist and software developer Ted Dziuba has emerged as the people's choice to be Barack Obama's "Chief Technology Officer". Dziuba beat off a stiff challenge from Hans Reiser, the fallen Linux guru who was sentenced to 15 years for murder in an Oakland, Ca. court last …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Gawd/ess ...

... is it friday already?

Thumb Up

What next for the Big D ?

After his stint in Government, I sincerely hope he will retire to write his eagerly awaited opus magnum "Fuck! Swearpocalypse. How I learned to stop being such a cunt and love swearies!"

Sterling work from the Reg, as usual :-)

Anonymous Coward

Dziuba for politics

The world would be a much better place if Dziuba never wrote anything in The Reg again, so if I had known about this poll, I would have voted with two hands for him to get into politics and out of technical writing. I am glad he won !

Congrats!

Paris Hilton

Thank You, Everyone

I would just like to thank everyone who didn't vote for me for not voting for me. I am very busy at the moment and the additional responsibilities would have been onerous.

Paris, because she didn't vote for me (I know this for a fact because no one voted for me).

amanfromMars for UK CTO

as 'he' talks a lot more sense than Gordo/Darling or the other UK spin docs

Coat

amanfrommars for CTO!

He would talk less crap than most politicians.

Alien

Missing footnote?

>"Now turn over to see why America* voted as it did..."

Normally I'd expect to see a footnote relating to that.

Unless of course I've misunderstood, and we aren't talking about the CTO of America, but of some other unrelated country called "Americasterisk" of which I was formerly unaware.

And yeh. I'd vote for amfM any day of the week!

A Man From Mars

Because he makes more sense than most politicians.

What about

the BOFH? Did no one here write in a vote for him? I must confess that I forgot about him, but think about all the politicians (bosses) that could be made to disappear.

Silver badge
Go

FAO Orlowski

It's Steven.

Not Steve.

Steven.

I'll let you off this time, you strangely surnamed* journo type, you. Cheers for the published quote tho.

Kudos to whomever voted for ammfM - he's a True maN 42 of the technical conservative People!!!111!1one

Steven Raith

*yes, I realise the irony there...

Bronze badge

Five write-in votes?

Your pie chart shows... 1+1+2+2... more than five.

Alien

+1 _4_ A Man From Mars

because PoliticianS Speak wiTh Forked tongUes

Joke

I still think it should be Dick Cheney

Maybe he could figure out a way to power teh internets by burning lawyer carcasses. I know several lawyers I'd like him to take on a short hunting trip.

(Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Unfortunately...

Mentioning no names,but a certain Martian readed voted for all five candidates at once.

That just shows how far Martians are ahead of us, I guess.

say what?

"Dziuba beat off Reiser." In public?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums