I'm due to replace a load of patch leads in my server room. With copper prices the way they are, and people stealing signal cable from the railways etc., is there any value in these that can be recovered? What is the least troublesome - and legal - way to go about it if there is?
It would help to know what area you are in.
Also, give this a quick look over. Its a little old, but worth a 5 min read.
Not sure if its worth anything, but the local scallys round my way stick cables on a bonfire - the plastic burns and you are left with the copper. Not very eco-friendly though!
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide