I'm due to replace a load of patch leads in my server room. With copper prices the way they are, and people stealing signal cable from the railways etc., is there any value in these that can be recovered? What is the least troublesome - and legal - way to go about it if there is?
It would help to know what area you are in.
Also, give this a quick look over. Its a little old, but worth a 5 min read.
Not sure if its worth anything, but the local scallys round my way stick cables on a bonfire - the plastic burns and you are left with the copper. Not very eco-friendly though!
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Researcher sat on critical IE bugs for THREE YEARS