Swanky suburban store Selfridges is to sell a chair made from recycled PlayStation 2 games consoles. reee-classic-chair-1 Have you seen my PS2 anywhere? The Reee chair’s back and seat are made from the plastic casings of nine PS2s, which maker Pli Design stated saves 2.4kg of “post-consumer” plastic from ending up in landfill …
i thought it was going to be a load of ps2's that had been glues together inta a chair shape with cushins
I guess it's better than chucking them in landfill, but I'd have thought there were more eco-friendly destinations for not-quite-state-of-the-art games hardware - such as the homes of not-quite-state-of-the-art gamers. Guess they might have been broken, but I fear to the contrary.
£100??? for that?
surely you can get similar style chairs for much much less? I realise that saving the planet is good and all, but that must be one hell of a mark-up!
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders