Toshiba has launched the first TV that incorporates its own image upscaling system. Tosh_ZF_resolution_plus Toshiba's ZF set will upscale SD automatically Dubbed Resolution Plus, the technology features in the firm’s new Regza ZF series of screens and allows the 40in and 46in tellies to enhance the quality of standard …
Not really the first
All HD-ready TVs have an 'image upscaler', otherwise you'd see a tiny picture in the middle of the screen whenever you were watching an SD broadcast.
Resolution+ is not just an image upscaler
Judging from current information available, resolution+ from Toshiba seemt to be more like super resolution which calculates additional details based on differences between several images. According to research of the last few years, this can be used to increase resolution by a factor of 2 in each direction.
When will people realise, upscaling is not HD.
decode this message from SD to HD by guessing..
T g e f e g w h e a f g r b d d r
That's all your upscaler is doing...
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Pics Audio fans, prepare yourself for the Second Coming ... of Blu-ray
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE