Measuring a super-slim 38mm at its thinnest point, the Essence HD LCD TV boasts a refresh rate of just 2ms and a full 1080p resolution. It also offers three HDMI ports, a DLNA network streaming link, a, removable 2x 15W sound bar and sleek-looking remote control. Philips Essence 42" LCD HD TV Philips' Essence: free of cable …
"Measuring a super-slim 38mm at its thinnest point"
Nice use of Estate Agent measuring tactics, by giving the most attractive extreme of dimension only.
My pencil is roughly 0.5mm thick at its thinnest point (I haven't sharpened it today). However, it's over 10 x that thick at the arse end. Not exactly meaningful information when given out of context, is it?
Tell me what it measures at its thinnest point, thickest point, mean and median and you might get my attention.
~1 x Grumpy Old Man signing off.
Extend the plastic outwards that protects the display a bit
And then you can claim it's 5mm thick! (At the thinnest point!)
I don't get it.
Since it's got to sit on top of a TV stand that contains my centre speaker, cable box and DVD recorder, my current LCD is already thinner than I really need it to be. Do people wall-mount that frequently, then?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'