UK free-to-air satellite TV service Freesat has recruited another hardware maker: French digital TV receiver specialist Metronic. The manufacturer will offer Freesat HD set-top boxes and put them on sale by the end of the year, Freesat said today. Freesat launched back in May with standard-definition receiver hardware from …
heres hoping the Japanese big boys (Sony, Hitachi, JVC et al) join in with their own offerings
anything that helps avoid paying the Dirty Digger your hard-earned money is worth considering
Gonna need a hard drive before I bother.
Looked at the freesat website so many times, still no boxes with the hard drive in. Until they manage that I won't be jumping in. Also,the TV's are too big. A 32inch option with hard drive and a DVD player is what I want for the bedroom, and a 40inch TV is about the biggest I can get away with for my living room.
I'm assuming too that standard def looks better on freesat, some of my freeview channels are appallingly blocky.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs