The announcement this week that Ericsson would merge its Mobile Platforms division into the ST-NXP Wireless business sent shock waves around the industry. The first words on everyone’s lips - especially those of US financial analysts - were: "What does this mean for Texas Instruments?" which of late has suffered blow after blow …
Infineon-ST wireless merger?
Nokia "still has to decide if the merging of the Infineon wireless efforts, which it had trusted as the main supplier for GSM components, with the supplier in ST that it trust its 3G chip to, makes it worth looking around for another chip supplier".
Maybe I am mis-reading this but IFX has not (yet) merged its wireless chip business with ST.
The fourth Nokia supplier is Broadcom. Maye BRCM and IFX will need to scale up to compete with ST-EMP. Any thoughts on who they might buy?
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base