The announcement this week that Ericsson would merge its Mobile Platforms division into the ST-NXP Wireless business sent shock waves around the industry. The first words on everyone’s lips - especially those of US financial analysts - were: "What does this mean for Texas Instruments?" which of late has suffered blow after blow …
Infineon-ST wireless merger?
Nokia "still has to decide if the merging of the Infineon wireless efforts, which it had trusted as the main supplier for GSM components, with the supplier in ST that it trust its 3G chip to, makes it worth looking around for another chip supplier".
Maybe I am mis-reading this but IFX has not (yet) merged its wireless chip business with ST.
The fourth Nokia supplier is Broadcom. Maye BRCM and IFX will need to scale up to compete with ST-EMP. Any thoughts on who they might buy?
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion