Intel is preparing solid-state drives with sustained read and write speeds of 240MB/s and 70MB/s, respectively. The gen comes from what's claimed to be a leaked roadmap slide that was subsequently posted by website Expreview. Intel's SSD scheme calls for the release of the laptop-friendly 2.5in X25-M in Q3 alongside a 1.8in …
240mb/s = omg!
0.25w when active?!
YES, this is progress in the storage department, FINALLY!
we can't get SSD's fast enough imo. bring it on!
p.s. stuff and nonsense: http://www.eupeople.net/forum
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs