Intel is preparing solid-state drives with sustained read and write speeds of 240MB/s and 70MB/s, respectively. The gen comes from what's claimed to be a leaked roadmap slide that was subsequently posted by website Expreview. Intel's SSD scheme calls for the release of the laptop-friendly 2.5in X25-M in Q3 alongside a 1.8in …
240mb/s = omg!
0.25w when active?!
YES, this is progress in the storage department, FINALLY!
we can't get SSD's fast enough imo. bring it on!
p.s. stuff and nonsense: http://www.eupeople.net/forum
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst