back to article Logitech docks daring mouse design

Buttons aren’t revolutionary, but to Logitech they’re the next revolution in mice docking stations. Logitech_docking_mouse_01 Logitech's V550 mouse docks onto a tiny button The firm’s new V550 Nano Cordless Laser Mouse doesn’t come with an actual button - but it may as well do. That’s because the V550 docks onto a button- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Not big and not clever.

Or actually too big. I like a nice micro mouse for my laptop, not something that dwarfs it!

Reduce the mouse size by three quarters and I'm sold.

I do like the tiny teeny weeny USB receiver though, the number of times I've clumsily knocked out my current dongle.

Anonymous Coward

It just looks a bit tacky

I don't know about the 'could knock your hand into a door slant', just tacky I think.

Someone had to try it at some point though.

dongles...

the pain of my life...

whats wrong with bluetooth... every modern laptop has it...

as for the carrying issue?? well... a square of hook velcro for the laptop and the mouse feet in the fluffy velcro... jobs a goodun... :)

metal button... and dongle... now 2 additional methods of snagging the lining of your laptop bag!

Re: dongles

I use bluetooth for my speakers and headset. Regretably using anything like a mouse or keyboard at the same time causes stutters if it is bluetooth as well.

Thank god for the logitech VX nano receivers is all I can say, given the microsoft/anyone elses offerings include a large receiver the size of a thumb sticking out of your USB socket.

Button is a stupid idea, but the mouse looks good.

Thumb Up

Finally, a minature USB dongle

I've been waiting for something like this for years. A practical sized USB dongle you can plug into a laptop and forget about is ideal for me.

Amusing to see this excellent advancement in the USB dongle minaturisation is coupled with the what I can only call the sh1ttest thing I've seen all week. The button hook could revolutionise the world! I want one for everything I own. I could hang my wallet, phone, glasses and house keys on the lid of my laptop. Why didn't I think of that. I wonder if there's some wazzock in the R&D department at Logitech feeling really pleased with themselves. What next? A button hook to hang your laptop on your Segway? lol.

Thumb Down

The idea sounds good in principal

Grr another 'it spellchecked OK so it must be right' incident. Surely Reg knows that its readers are the most vocal, nit-picking pedants around?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums