AMD hopes to ignite the market for high-quality graphics accelerators with its new FirePro duo. The ATI FirePro V5700 and V3700 cards are aimed at a range of arenas, from CAD to medical imaging. The V5700 features 512MB of frame buffer memory and a 30bit display engine that AMD claimed can produce more than 1bn colours at any …
1 billion colors, eh?
"The V5700 ... can produce more than 1bn colours at any given time."
Great. Now all we need are monitors that can display 1 billion pixels.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action